The last week has been awesome. The Holidays are rolling in, I'm getting my work sample
nearly complete, work has actually been fun, and life is just grand.
Something I started awhile ago on my blog was my 10 rules to life.
I have done 3 out of the 4 so far:
Be Stephanie
Remember Love
Enjoy Now
..and well, I thought I should get back on track with them.
Act the way you want to feel. This is something that I really need to practice and do on a daily basis.
Not too long ago at work, my manager sat a co-worker and me down in the office and told us to beef it out (not literally). There had been some drama at work and lots of people had been talking about absurd things and this co-worker seemed to have been extremely upset with me! I was baffled by the things he started to let out and I swear I my mouth dropped down to the ground with how he was feeling towards me.. he went as far as telling me he didn't want to work with me and was going to try and switch his shifts around so he didn't have to anymore! I was completely shocked. After we talked about why he was feeling this way and I replied with how I was feeling and another 40 minutes worth of talking, we worked it out. I couldn't believe that someone felt that way towards me because of a few actions I did personally out of being grumpy and upset towards a customer... (actually, I'm sure there are a handful of people who feel similiar but I really don't care about what they think! hahahaha) I told this co-worker that after dealing with a difficult customer that I sometimes have to take a few minutes quietly to myself to calm down and move on, other times I have to be short and quick with other associates during the busy time because I can only be in 1 place at a time, etc. (Sidenote - this co-worker is extremely sensitive and told me he doesn't understand how someone can bring their issues or problems to work and let it affect them... "Why can't you just be happy all the time?!")

After this confrontation I had to look back on how I was as a person at work compared to how I was outside of work. Obviously, I am different when I'm not at work. But as I mentioned earlier, I am trying to turn work into a place to hang out with people that I enjoy being around
as well as helping the customers who come in. So, the last week or so I have been trying to have a good time while I'm at work. When I sense myself starting to tense up at work because of a
rude customer I try to take a deep breath, relax my shoulders a bit, and find another co-worker close by to distract me from the situation - so far, it has worked!
I have loved being at work and am trying to change the way I am thinking and feeling at work so I can enjoy working with not only my friends, but with Aaron as well!
I hope I can keep this up...