Just yesterday I was eating lunch at work in the office while one of my good friends, who also works there, was working on the next schedule. We hadn't seen each other in a few days so we were just chatting away like crazy about anything and everything when the topic of being with your best friend came up.
We started talking about another co-worker who wished their current spouse and them were best friends, could sit down and have a converstaion, and just do everything together. My friend was telling me that they were married before and they had had that together - they were so in love and were ultimately best friends. They could do whatever they wanted and still enjoy just being together.
We started talking about another co-worker who wished their current spouse and them were best friends, could sit down and have a converstaion, and just do everything together. My friend was telling me that they were married before and they had had that together - they were so in love and were ultimately best friends. They could do whatever they wanted and still enjoy just being together.
Now, my friend is starting out a new relationship, long distance, and she has previously been married before. Anyone who have ever been in this kind of situation understands that no two relationships, let alone people will ever treat you the same, make you feel the same, or ever in general,
be the same.
There is no way around it.
There is no way around it.
We started talking then about how she wanted a best friend, she wanted her relationship to be like she had before - where they couldn't get enough of each other, they always wanted to talk to one another, and were constantly thinking about each other -
she wanted a
best friend whom she loved with all her heart.
She asked me how she could tell him that, and I simply told her
"Just tell him".
She just shook her head and seemed baffled...
I didn't want to sit there and brag about my relationship with Aaron to her - she already knows mostly everything and I'm pretty sure she has heard me say how amazing he is once too many times! :)
But it's true.
He's my best friend. We can't get enough of each other and enjoy each other's company. He doesn't need "time" away from me and vice versa. He understands who I am and enjoys just being with me.
I brought up this conversation with Aaron last night as we were riding around in the Rogue going to Walmart, Walgreens, Redbox, and where ever - and mentioned how I love that we can just take off in the car with a destination and just keep going. We can have conversations in the car about anything and everything. We can joke, laugh, and enjoy each others company all night long and not get tired of one another.
We both agreed that we get all giddy when the other person comes home after not seeing each other at work - when I am the one working while Aaron has the day off, I come home and have a million things to say to him. Sometimes I can tell that he only half listens because he is so rested and relaxed from his day off, but most of my rants are pointless and just about things people had done at work, but it doesn't matter. He smiles when he sees me come through the door, stops what he is doing to give me a hug and kiss, and asks me how my day was.
He's my best friend.