This last week has been a whirlwind. Aaron and I have been working like crazy. I honestly can't remember last year being this hectic at work! I mentioned this to my boss and he replied saying that last year we had more employees and I wasn't the only one up front with a key and authority!
ughhh.
But, what can you do?! I am expected to run the frontend and maintain peace as much as possible during the times where customers get really antsy, mean, and just plain stubborn. And apparently, I am doing a good job according to my boss. He knows I get semi-frustrated when I am left by myself during the super busy times because of unforseen reasons such as cutting payroll, no overlap in schedules, and slow people - so the other day on my way to work I get a text from another manager asking what coffee I want.
My boss was going to be sending another person home early because of payroll cuts and I would be left by myself, again, and she said he was trying to suck up! So, I took full advantage of the offer and got me a venti iced white mocha
Aside from work, Aaron and I have been scrambling to buy our last minute Christmas presents and just trying to spend as much time together as possible! Once I start classes back up January 3rd and return to teaching on the 9th, we won't have as much time together. We are currently house sitting in this lovely home for one of my friends and they have 2 cats, the bigger one seems to like Aaron! We were watching a movie in their theater room and he just came and crawled right into his lap! I know Aaron doesn't like cats, he never has, but we both agree that one day, if our kids want one, we'll get one for them.
Until then, it's not happening!!
For Christmas eve, we of course, had to work at 6 am. But, luckily, since we got in so early and payroll, of course, was too high, we got sent home at 10am! It was so perfect because we still had so much to do before dinner at his grandparents house at 4pm. I ended up making this fruit salad (instead of buying one!) and used the same thing my mom used to make - I just cut up a bunch of oranges, apples, bananas, and strawberries. yummmmy.
Once we got everything taken care of and I took a nap, we were off to his grandparents house! It was so much fun - we had previously drawn names for the Bauer family and after some socializing and dinner, we exchanged gifts. I'm pretty sure I got the best present ever from lil miss Abbey! TWO plastic tumbler cups (purple and pink) AND a travel coffee mug with purple zebra stripes! :)
Aaron's mom made each of us girl's aprons! I guess that means I have to cook now. :)
Aaron does not like taking pictures, but last night I asked him and he finally caved in to having someone take our picture! It only took three tries, but eventually it turned out ok.
Of course, another attempt later in the night just wasn't what Aaron wanted!
Once Aaron and I got home we opened our stockings, watched Planet of the Apes that he got from his brother, and went to bed!
After relaxing a bit together we both just fell asleep anxious for Christmas the next day...
to be continued...