24 days...
and none of our invitations are sent out. They are all ready to go but I literally have no energy to go out and buy stamps, put them on all of them and place them in the mail.. I am even contemplating taking a nap instead of conquering the mounds of homework I could be working on instead... decisions, decisions...choices, choices, choices!!
But, I did file my taxes. Not what I expected, but what can you do?! I brought up how much a couple gets when they have a child and can claim them on their taxes and my friend, Tara, blurted out -- "Yeah, there's a reason to have a baby this year you guys!! Bust one of them out!!" hahahaha. We have talked about it, a little, as I have said before, but that won't be the only reason we would have a child, of course.
It's so hard to pick just one memory a day for Aaron and I. There are so many and I have truly enjoyed every day with him since the beginning. I guess I will take you back to almost the beginning of us. Most know of the true story of how and when Aaron and I started dating, and if you don't - well, then you have obviously judged us in some way and not taken the time to really understand or know anything about us, so it doesn't matter! :)
While I was going through the process of my divorce, Aaron was my rock. He was there for me when I had to vent or just talk about things. Things were starting to get finalized and I had moved out of my place of residence with my soon-to-be ex and was in limbo for the time being. I wasn't legally divorced, but I was in my mind and had been for awhile. Aaron and I quietly started to hang out and began to really understand just how strong our feelings for each other were becoming in such a short amount of time. It was really so magical (corny..I know!) but I felt like we were just meant to be together and even though in reality the timing was off, it wasn't at the same time. If we weren't together then, it wouldn't have lined up and ended up the way that it has!
Anyway... I remember Aaron taking me late one night out on a drive. We did that a lot at the beginning of our relationship, we drove around, walked around stores holding hands, and were just together. He ended up stopping at a park and he gave me a piggy back ride to the swings because the grass was all wet! We were walking around and talking and Aaron was acting kinda funny. He asked me, "Guess what?" and I just said What? but he wouldn't tell me anything, he just kept saying it over and over. I was a little frustrated and finally he asked me one more time and before I could reply he whispered, "I love you..." I immediately said it back and my heart leapt out of my chest. I knew it was the forever kind of love and I will never forget that moment... we spend everyday telling each other I love you and meaning it... it's the most wonderful feeling in the world. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment