Funny story.
The other night at work when it was getting close to 9pm there was this guy walking around. He was almost a tad creepy because he wasn't really going to buy anything, he was looking at random things and watching the TV at the frontend. I was almost to the point of calling another associate to stand up front with me because I was getting uncomfortable.
Well, after about 20 minutes his son finally comes up to the front to purchase something and it was finally clear that the guy was waiting for his son to finish up shopping. While I was ringing up his son for his purchase, they began chatting. The dad asked if the boys old friend still worked at the store. They both looked at me and asked, Does Aaron still work here? Of course, we used to have two Aaron's and before I said yes I wanted to be sure it was the right one. So I asked which Aaron. They said my Aaron (not actually those words but they said Aaron's last name) and I replied with a yes and stated that he worked earlier that day and was off now.
The son muttered that he would have to come and stop in some other time to see him and I thought that would be the end of it! But of course not.. not with my luck in the world of pasts..
The dad kept on talking and told the son, Yeah, I saw him and his wife at the dog park in Nampa not too long ago....
Oh no he didn't!! There was no way I was going to let this guy associate Aaron and her pyschoness. Aaron has past friends come in and most of them don't know that him and his ex got a divorce 2 years ago but he of course let's them know and it's funny, but almost half of them say something in the likes of, oh yeah, she was pretty crazy! Sorry, but that was just stupid of you!
So, as this guy was saying the previous comment, I decided that I just wasn't going to let him think they were still married to someone like her still and I chimed in...
ACTUALLY, his isn't married to her anymore, I am marrying him next weekend!!!!
They both turned and looked at me with their jaws done and after a few seconds congratulated me. They seemed so suprised but genuinely happy for me at the same time. I asked how the boy knew Aaron and he said they went to high school together and I said I would tell him he said hi. As soon as they left the store I immediately called Aaron to tell him the funny story.. he just laughed, of course, and asked me who they were. I tried to describe to him the two of them (the boy had given me his name so that sorta helped..) and he thinks he knew who they were. It just goes to show ya that the past always has some way of finding you.. but it's how you handle it that really matters! :)