Tuesday, February 7, 2012

25 Days

25 days...

I have officially started a countdown until Aaron and I get married. I couldn't be more excited and we talk about the day all the time. Yesterday, I got a package and in it was my wedding dress. I ordered it online on a whim, thinking that if it didn't work, I was just not going to worry about it anymore! I have looked and looked and looked everywhere and finally found something that met my "criteria" and what do you know, it fits!! I absolutely love it and wanted to show Aaron when I tried it on but his reply as I was walking down the stairs was, "I don't want to see it before we get married!! I have to wait!" I didn't think he cared about that (he has said before it wasn't a big deal) but he is definitely showing more and more how excited he is for the big day like I am! Last night as we were lying in bed, out of nowhere he asks, "Don't they make bras with clearstraps?" (ok, backstory.. for my dress I told him I need to find a new strapless bra) I didn't think he even would remember the conversation but it is Aaron! He remembers the most random stuff and continues to surprise me with how sweet he is. He just wants to make me happy and even though he jokes around sometimes, he turns around and tries to think of ideas to make it just how I have imagined it from the beginning. :)


Well, what I am going to try and do is recall a memory of Aaron and I each day for the next 25 days (let's see how long this will last considering I have a million things on my to-do list!!!) Today will just be a short memory..and is actually before we started to date.

Back in April of 2010, my birthday came around and of course, I requested to have the day off so I didn't go to work and let everyone know that I was going to be having fun just relaxing.. the day before my birthday I did have to work and I was in my car eating my lunch enjoying the sunshine. Well, Aaron was just coming to work and knocked on my window - I looked over and saw his goofy smirk he makes :) and noticed he had 2 Redbulls in his hand, one SugarFree and one Regular. I let him in the car and he immediately said, "Happy Birthday! This is all you get!" (and continues to chuckle in the way that Aaron does!). We sat in the car together for a few minutes while I opened my drink and he scarfed his lunch before he had to clock in for work...
It's just a simple memory and something so small, but RedBull energy drinks have always been our drink and something we love to go and get together.

(Sidenote - the above picture is from when we left at midnight - see the clock?! - for Utah and loaded up on RedBulls for the drive!)

No comments: