The highlight of the week was really Christmas Eve and Christmas - and I already talked quite a bit about those if you haven't already seen on my previous lengthy post.
Earlier in the week before break, I received this random text message and didn't think anything of it. But, then I received an email that confirmed that it was from a fellow cohort member of mine from GFU. She was putting together a surprise lunch for another cohort member for her birthday for the following Sunday, this last Sunday. I jumped at the chance to not only see the ladies but to also go to Kona Grill in The Village for the first time and to just have a afternoon away from the house. I almost wasn't able to because I didn't have a babysitter, but Aaron's dad stepped in for me and I was very grateful. It was great to catch up the best we could in such a short amount of time and to also get some errands completed without a toddler running around.
I had plans to run on Christmas Day, but those went out the window with everything going on. I just switched it to the day after so I could test out my new YurBuds ear buds that are bluetooth and wireless, they were awesome and although they are a bit bulky, they didn't fall out and they were snug as a bug. I have to get a new ear warmer though because mine is super tight and can't fit over them, but it's better than having to get new ear buds!
It was still freezing, literally, and the route I usually run was about 1/4 covered in ice and when I switched it up, the sidewalks along the road were covered in ice in spots as well. It definitely slowed my pace down, but it's ok since I am still building back my endurance. I ran the miles and decided that during the icy parts that I would sprint through the snow covered grass to make up for the slowness.
The rest of the week was spent staying indoors and running a few errands here and there with Brinnley. Aaron is super busy at work and with it being so freezing cold, I try to keep Brinnley inside. I don't need her getting sick AFTER break! Last night, Aaron wanted Buffalo Wild Wings (we got a gift card from his brother) and when Brinnley and I were picking it up it started to snow HUGE flakes. Brinnley tilted her head back to catch a few and would say, OW, each time she got hit in the face. It was hilarious. And, of course, it kept on snowing through the night - there isn't A LOT of snow, but it was enough to cover everything and make today another inside day. Luckily, we have enough food and enough toys to stay in until we have the Bauer Christmas get together later tonight. I have plans for a 5 mile run, which I am still planning on going on later in hopes that the sun melts the snow just a little bit. I don't have my treadmill anymore and I got a bunch of running clothes so I need to do this! ha. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment