Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday's Stories

Time to revamp the blogger life.

Today was Sunday. Usually that includes a lazy morning with laundry and lesson planning with a big ole cup of coffee. Brinnley plays for the morning and watches a bit of cartoons while I get work done, then it's nap time and we run errands in the afternoon if needed. Aaron almost always works on Sundays, especially now with the holidays he is hardly home on the weekends.

This weekend though was a tad different. My mom decided not to long ago to make a quick trip out here, and when I mean quick, I mean super quick. She arrived late Friday evening and left early this morning. We got under 24 hours of actual face time with her and we tried to take full advantage of it.

We spent the majority of Saturday shopping for Christmas. She wanted to take advantage of being here and getting B her presents. Let's just say we are fully stocked and the back of the car is full. Now, it's a matter of hiding them until Santa arrives! I was lucky enough to be able to pick out a few of my own presents.

Since her flight was early on Sunday, I decided to not wake Brinnley or Aaron and just take her myself. I came home and they were both asleep and I took full advantage of the quiet house. Because of my workouts and the fact that we sold my treadmill, I needed some more workout pants. I love the Soffe ones I picked out from Aaron's work - not only are they super comfy, but they are cheap! I can't wait to keep collecting them and show off my body that I have been working so hard to get back after my huge weight gain with pregnancy. I don't want to go through that again when we have another baby so my body needs to be in tip top shape to prepare for a healthy and fit pregnancy when that time comes!

Brinnley has really sensitive skin so we never got into the habit of bathing her every night. It really isn't necessary unless she is pooping all over herself or getting super dirty. I never understood the need to bath your child every day. Heck, I don't shower every day! Well, it had been a little longer than usual and typically I don't post pictures of B without any clothes on, it's just not my thing, but thankfully for edit on my phone you can have a peek of just how much fun she has in the bathtub! Her new favorite Elsa singing doll wasn't able to join her and that was so dramatic for her.. I should have let her so it wouldn't be able to sing that dang song anymore, but I'll be nice. She loves bathtime and we can't wait for her to get more toys for Christmas to play with when she does!


The rest of the day was lazy, as usual. Aaron didn't work until 4 today because of their lack of hours, so I took advantage to hang out with him and B. We took a nap together on the couch and when we woke up, it was just B and I. We played a bit and then had a mommy and B date to Target, Best Buy, and Sonic! She loves to get out of her car seat and be in the front of the car and even stick her head out the window. Such a little girl with a huge personality.
She is learning so many new words and can really catch on to most anything. Her vocabulary is growing and it will be any day that she starts saying full phrases - she has a few she can say but they aren't consistent. She enjoys pointing at things and saying the name of them - did I mention she loves anything Frozen and Sophia?!

I love our low key Sundays together. I treasure my time with her on my days off and am counting down until Christmas break with 2 full weeks off together! Now, it's time to finish those lesson plans... 10 days and counting left!




No comments: