Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Life

You know the movie, The Bucket List? Ya, never seen it. I don't know why.. I feel like it would be my kind of movie, but also depressing. What I do like about the concept is having a bucket list myself...
I don't know how far into the future my list would be, but I did run across the Day Zero Project and some of the things on my list are...

Go camping
Donate blood
Volunteer
Go to a concert (Miranda Lambert Oct 14th!)
Ride in a hot air balloon
Go on a cruise
Go back to school
Graduate with honors from the MAT program (May 19!!)
Buy a home with Aaron
Go ice skating
New hair style
Go jet/water skiing
Visit New York
Coach soccer again
Learn to surf
Confront some past friends in life
California!
Visit family in Florida
Start a family

Obviously, some of these have already happened and some of them I know will happen in the near or distant future.  I feel so alive again after living a life in shelter. Growing up I was always so busy with soccer and school that I didn't try new things, I didn't venture to explore life.. I was always scared to try different things, for example: I hated seafood growing up because I was too scared to try it and last summer when Aaron and I went to the Oregon Coast I tried it and ended up loving some of it (not all that I tried though!). It wasn't until about 10 months or so ago that I stopped being afraid of the world, the dark (seriously), the what ifs, and life not becoming what I wanted, and just life in general. I opened up, popped that bubble I was living in my whole life and breathed in some fresh air and just
lived.
Luckily for me, I have Aaron in my life who supports me and encourages me to try these new things.. I have so much I want to do in life and I'm so thankful to have someone who wants the same thing! Aaron and I try to find new things to try every chance we get. Drive cross country?! Check! Go to a BSU game?! Check! Buy a new car?! Check! Eat at new places any chance we get?! Check! Road trip to Seattle?! Check!
I can't wait for our next adventure... today at work a co-worker asked me,
So, what is your guys' next trip going to be?!
Pinned ImageWe always get 'teased' or whatever you want to call it because we are always planning trips and taking vacation (hey, why not?! we have the time off to do it and to get paid for it!)
I told her what we were planning on for my "graduation gift". But that isn't until May/early June of next year and I guarantee we will go somewhere before that bigger trip. Probably Seattle, maybe Portland, who knows!
All I know is every day is new and exciting and just an adventure.