Sunday, October 30, 2011

New Schedule

This weekend (including Friday) I worked about 25 hours and today it was really getting to me. I kinda snapped at a few other co-workers and later went off and vented to some others. I was just having a really annoying day and wanted to scream at someone.
Later, I felt bad about my snapping and apologized to my fellow co-workers and explained that it wasn't them, it was just the stress of life currently and not to take it personally.. one of them replied:
"Oh, it's ok. Shannon warned us that you would be like that for the next month!"
My month just dropped and was like SAY WHAT?! hahaha
You see, everyone has known for awhile that I was starting student teaching and going to be still trying to work full-time, and my co-workers know me so they understand that when I get grumpy, angry, upset, or whatever that I can kinda be like a perfect storm -- one big wave can come crashing down and it just spirals after that! (haha no kidding, they decribed me as that!!)
I asked Shannon if she said that and she just started laughing and said, "yup!"

Obviously, I don't take that personally because with my schedule coming up, I am hoping that my co-workers can find humor in how tired and stressed I will be and help me plow through it during the toughest times!
For the next 3 weeks my schedule goes like this every single day..
Student Teaching: 8-345
Work at TSA: 430-945
repeat M,W,TH,FR, class for 8 hours or work 10 hours on Saturday, work 10 hours Sunday. (Tuesday nights I have class 6-10)
Then repeat the next week.

I have no idea when I will be doing my homework, or preparing for my lessons, but I'll find little moments here and there (which reminds me I should be doing homework now...blah). Like today, I worked on jotting down some ideas and notes for a paper I have due soon while it was really slow... I obviously can't do too much but I can brainstorm while I'm not busy!!

I know you are all jealous.. right?! 

No comments: