Monday, October 17, 2011

Remember Love

I've been trying to write about this rule for awhile now but everytime I have opened up blogger I just close it right away.. not because I can't or don't want to write about remembering love in my life, I just have been really unmotivated.


Something that I love about my life right now and lately, is all the love I feel surrounding me throughout each and every day. Aaron and I constantly are telling each other that we love one another.. It really means a lot to me that he likes to express in words how much he cares about me just as much as I do for him.. in my past I have been told I said, I love you, too much. Yeah, I don't understand why someone would not like to hear that someone loves them, but when I tell Aaron I love him I mean it each and every time. And I don't expect him to repeat it back every single time but about 99% of the time, he does.

And he always has. If you didn't know, we fell in love fast when we first started dating and we've never stopped since day 1. It's an unbelievable feeling to know someone loves you as much as he loves me, it's beautiful.
Something that I sometimes forget to remember is just that.. how much he loves me. I remember something he told me a long time ago that I think was a big issue in his past relationship and it had to do with not always looking at the negative things and appreciating the small good things that he does.
Our very first picture together! Aaron found it on his SD card on his phone!
For example: He leaves his socks everywhere, leaves his bowls of cereal with just the smallest amount of milk because "he was full and couldn't finish" despite it being only about 2 tablespoons of milk, he stays up so incredibly late, those couple of months that college football is on are ridiculous - he's glued to the TV every BSU game and each and every Saturday, and he plays video games - a lot. But... if I only looked at those things about him then obviously I would always be upset or annoyed with him.. so I don't - I look at the other side of him... the man who is so incredibly supportive of me and tells me how proud of me he is for going to school and working, the man who lays in bed with me for a little bit when I go to bed just to be next to me before he gets up to stay up for a few more hours, the man who hardly says no to me when I tell him an idea or something that I want to do (hellooo, we drove to Mississippi and just the other day I told him there was a family reunion down in Florida for Christmas - his response before I even finished, you should go to Florida, dear! I want you to!) and the man who would do anything for me at the drop of a hatch.

So when I say that I want to remember love I want to remember the feeling each and every moment I can. Those times I am feeling blue, annoyed, stressed, or just low.. I want to be able to remember all of the love I have in my life right in my arms.