Monday, October 10, 2011

Starting out right

If you couldn't tell.. I put up something that I have been working on in my life:
10 rules to live by
It's from a book I accidently bought on Amazon.. I didn't realize that when it said 1 click buy, that it really did mean 1 click buy! Haha, so it got sent to my kindle and I have been casually reading it during lunch breaks and before I head to bed. I'm only a few chapters in but I am loving it! It really gives me a good perspective on life and things that I personally need to work on in my life to help make myself happier constantly and the people in my life happier as well!

Eventually I will go around and talk about each of the rules that I have picked for me to live by, but for right now.. I just have to say I am starting off right.
For example: a lot of people at work see me as this perfect storm type of person. If you wait for the right moment, I could become a huge wave that just engulfs everything and destroy everything in my path. Yes, I have a short temper - especially at work! I'm sorry, but anyone who has worked in retail as long as I have (or longer...) understands how stupid, mean, annoying, and needy people can be!! But lately, (really after Aaron and I got back from vacation) I have noticed myself not getting frustrated as easily or as often. I take a lot of pride in that because I would get so frustrated at work at one stupid slow customer that it would put me in the worst mood for the rest of the day -- or even if another associate did something wrong or stupid or whatever, I would be grumpy and grumpy!!
Just the other day, a manager did (or didn't do) something that I needed done... instead I had to take care of it and I got obviously frustrated. I even asked them to do it and their response was,
"In a second I will" as they are walking away to do nothing! I was ticked! But, I knew that I had to spent the remainder of the work day working with this manager and didn't want to have a bummer night and be in a bad mood.. so I took a few deep breaths and let myself get upset and talk back to this person (in my head!) for a few minutes and then I just let it go, literally I just let my mind and body forget about it and that was that! I didn't even remember what this person did for the rest of the night.. I was so proud of myself and got to enjoy the rest of the night,
it was a step in the right direction!

No comments: